Wednesday, January 28, 2015

About Me!

 Hi, there! My name is Charlani (shar-lonny)  and I just turned the big 4-0 last year- eeeeek! I have two beautiful and amazing kids. My daughter, Kaylee, is 19. She recently graduated from cosmetology school (yay for me...I have my very own hair stylist!) - she loves hair and makeup so it will be exciting to see where it takes her! My son, Robbie, is almost 16. He plays AAA hockey, so we are a busy, busy family. I have been with my husband, Rob for 21 years! He is the most amazing husband and father so I think I'll keep him for a while longer...LOL




I am a hawaiian California girl, currently living near Dallas, Texas. My husband's job moved us here about 4 years ago and we LOVE it! It's been one of the best decisions we've made yet. I do miss the beach in the summer and the snowy hills in the winter, but I'm still happy we're here. We've met some amazing people and made great friends, and our kids have flourished. The opportunities for them here are so much greater. California is awesome, but in our life right now, Texas is a better fit. And its only a 2 1/2 hour flight away...no biggie!




In California, I ran my own medical billing company for about 12 years. By the time the opportunity to move to Texas came up, I was just about done with the stress of employees, meeting with clients, office space and general business ownership. Don't get me wrong, I was extremely proud of the company I built from the ground up. I had grand visions of one day having a huge office building, with a daycare for my employees to use on site, a cafeteria, and beautiful cubicles. Seriously, I had it all planned out. 

Over the years, as my kids were getting older, my goals started shifting. I started volunteering for their extra curricular activities (dance, cheer and volleyball, football, basketball and baseball) and I finally found something that made me happy in my heart. Some may think that planning parties, ordering jerseys, stuffing goodie bags or making banners doesn't really matter, but I will beg to differ! I loved seeing the excitement on the kids faces when they searched and found their names on the banners, or when the highlight of game days were the snacks at the end. I loved managing these teams and helping others stay organized and on a schedule. I spent all my free time wanting to do things for my teams, rather than continuing to grow my business. 

When we made the decision to move to Texas, I happily split up my clients. I could have sold my company for a lot of money, but it wasn't something that felt right to me. Probably not a wise business decision, but it made my heart happy because a few of my clients went to my employees who now work from home and are raising their families without a 9-5 office job! I still have my 2 original clients and work their accounts from my home office here in Texas. It was a win-win for everyone! 

My goals once again are starting to shift and I am so excited about this chapter in my life! I still do medical billing from my home, but I now spend a lot more time dedicated to the things that enrich not only my life, but other's lives as well. I have always been a planner, list maker, goal setter and organizer! I decided to take that leap of faith and am now focusing on supporting others in their journey to get organized, get healthy, set goals and live the happiest life possible! I can now say I am doing what I am passionate about. I just LOVE when someone tells me that they've been planning out their days and making to do lists, and that they've been following their fitness program and have learned to make healthier choices! And the awesome thing is that in helping others stay on track, it helps me to stay on track too! Its all about accountability! I love that I have motivated others to begin their journey, and to take that first step. My next goal is to slowly phase out my medical billing and focus solely on my coaching business! As they say...if you do what you love, you never work a day in your life...#truth

I've learned so much over these last few years. The only regret I have is that I didn't take time for myself sooner. I wish I would have taken that first step a long time ago. Now that I've lost almost 30 pounds, I have more energy, I am happier in general and I feel GREAT! I have another 25 pounds or so to lose, but I know I'll get there. It has taken years to put on, so I can't expect it will fall off easily, but I'm ok with that. For me, it's one day at a time! 

Fun Facts and Tidbits: Hair and makeup are my passions - I am a believer in mascara and lip gloss all the time! My guilty pleasures are reality television and celebrity entertainment. I also LOVE to read romance novels (Nora Roberts and Danielle Steele are a couple of my faves!) but I also love personal development books and listening to Podcasts. I have learned to enjoy the journey to get healthy. I am always looking to "speed up" my meal prepping skills , and I get better every week! I love being a hockey mom. I cannot tell a joke to save my life, but I will almost guarantee to hysterically laugh at yours. When I start really laughing, I can't stop and usually cry. I can't tell a story right either, I am all over the place!  My favorite flower is a hibiscus and my favorite color is pink and purple.  My favorite word is AWESOME and WHATEVER and I use them all the time. I've just recently starting saying "y'all" instead of "you guys"...its just easier! =)





No comments:

Post a Comment