Wednesday, February 18, 2015

PIYO ~ My Soulmate Workout!

PIYO was my first program when I started on this journey to get healthy.  I was SO NERVOUS! I saw an infomercial and thought it looked really cool, but I'll be the first one to say ~ I am not a fan of yoga. I don't like the holding of positions while I'm dripping with sweat, and quite frankly, I sucked at it. I'm thinking "I'm overweight, I'm not flexible and I'll look foolish, etc, etc, etc...". I have since curbed my negative self talk, but if I'm to be honest, this is what was going through my head at this time.
I started researching PIYO because there were so many amazing transformation stories on Instagram and Facebook. I liked that it was low impact and who doesn't love Chalene Johnson! I listened to an interview with her on some show and she said she was also not a fan of yoga and explained that PIYO is NOT like a traditional yoga classes. The moves were similar, but you are constantly moving...I WAS SOLD!

I was ready...really ready...for the first time in a long time to make a change. Here is one of my favorite quotes and one that resonated with me, especially at the beginning of this journey...


I knew I'd be uncomfortable. I knew I'd feel awkward (and look awkward). I also knew that I needed to feel all of those things if I really wanted to make changes and see results.





I decided to start working out in the mornings because I heard somewhere that that's what most healthy people do. I am NOT a morning person but one of my downfalls is that if I have time to think about it, I'll find every excuse as to why I don't have time. 



The first week was rough (probably more so because I decided to stop drinking coffee and diet coke cold turkey!) Mentally and physically, I really had to push hard and remind myself that I would only get better. Waking up early to workout was so out of my realm of reality, but I kept saying, if Chalene can do it, so can I! It really is about motivation and inspiration. I also decided to post my journey on social media. I needed accountability and if everyone knew what I was doing, maybe it would keep me going a bit longer.

Chalene Johnson's energy is amazing and I started to look forward to starting my days with her. I started looking forward to my workouts each morning. I started losing weight without changing my diet up too much, just making healthier choices here and there. I also started to notice the change in my body.  Not just in appearance, but in the way I "felt". My aches and pains started to slowly go away. My back hurt less, my feet hurt less and my tennis elbow and carpal tunnel pain hurt less. When you start dropping weight and start stretching your body, amazing things start to happen! 


In 60 days, I lost a little over 16 pounds. I wish I had taken measurements and before and after pics, but I can tell you that the change in my body was awesome! I loved the changes in my legs and arms especially! 

I am so thankful everyday that I stepped out of my comfort zone and started this journey with PIYO. This is my soulmate workout! It kept me motivated and coming back day after day. I had NEVER completed anything, let alone do a program for a whole 60 days! This is now my go-to program when I'm in between programs, or traveling (you don't needs weights or equipment)! I promise you...if I can do this, so can you!!!





If you want to know what PIYO is all about...check out this link now!


No comments:

Post a Comment