Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Trust In Your Journey and Give It Time

Be very afraid of anything that claims it will help you lose weight without exercise and good nutrition. Chances are you will lose a few pounds in the beginning, but you’ll gain back even more. The truth is we all want quick and easy results, but the journey to lose weight and get healthy for the long term is usually not quick and easy. Many of us want to swallow a pill, have a surgeon lop off fat or cut out parts of our insides because we don’t want to put in the effort and allow the process of “healthy weight loss” to work.  NOTHING replaces exercise and good nutrition.  It’s finding that “thing” that will make the journey to get healthy by working out and eating well bearable so it eventually becomes a lifestyle for you. I’m still on my journey, but it gets easier every day, especially when I see the results pay off.


A HUGE key for me has been finding motivation and inspiration from others. Find people who will motivate, inspire and support you. I have found that by reaching out to others in my same boat,
discussing not only our weak moments, but our triumphs as well, has been the missing key all along!



Over the last several months, I have connected with so many women of all shapes and sizes, in all stages of life, and from different cultures and society. I have learned that those who live a healthy lifestyle have sacrificed and worked extremely hard to get to where they are today. There was a time in my life when I would look at someone skinnier that me and I’d think “It must be nice to be naturally skinny…” Some lucky people are blessed with “those genes” but reality is that most of us are not.  I have since reached out to some of those “skinny biatches - (said with much love!)” and asked about their exercise and nutrition. I was completely shocked when they told me they went to the gym, played tennis or worked out at home every day. And they all watched what they ate.



I knew I could no longer use the excuse that I am too busy to exercise, or too busy to meal prep, or too busy to cook healthy meals. These women were just as busy as me and found a way to make it work.  It gave me the motivation to “suck it up, stop making excuses and figure it out” because if they could do it, so could I! Just like if I can do it, so can you! The key is finding that balance and new routine that fits you and your lifestyle.

Find out what works from those who inspire you. Integrate part of their routine into your daily routine. What kind of exercises do they do? What do they eat? Ask questions! Anyone who is on their journey or lives a healthy lifestyle LOVES to talk about it. I know I do!


Along this journey, I have learned to embrace the process. As a recovering fast food addict, pizza lover, chocoholic and junk food junkie, I have had my ups and downs, but I have also learned that you have to trust the process and give it time. The weight will come off. If you put in the work, your body will not let you down! You just have to give it a chance!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13851717/?claim=r8723nqrd43">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment